Two days ago the Swiss embassy in Kiev personally advised us to leave our region. Then last night my mother called us after she heard that in Odessa agrenade has been thrown in a check-point and injured many. She wanted to know when we are coming back to Switzerland!!!
The fear of a possible war is paralyzing many areas of life here. People will not make any important decisions until a new president has been elected and until Russians have withdrawn their tanks from the border.
Putin knows that after the 25 May (when a new president will be elected in Ukraine), his actions will no more have the present legitimacy (he regards the present government in Kiev as an illegal take-over of fascists). So you can expect a lot of tensions for another 25 days and the
1. Kiev is forced to adopt a loose federalization which will allow Moscow to influence the eastern part of Ukraine
2. A kind of Crimea Annexation Part II, with residents of the east and south voting in a referendum on whether to join Russia
3. A full-scale military invasion
4. Nothing happens until a president is elected the 25 May
In the light of the above, the Western world has the following
1. Make economic threats which will be serious enough to stop Moscow
2. Give up on east Ukraine and massively defend Western Ukraine
3. Consider military action, which is very unlikely
4. Say goodbye and good luck to Ukraine
We the Perriards are not concerned with any of the above, we keep on making disciples and intend to stay here until the Lord comes back!